Start Drinking Coffee

"Them critics better stop drinking coffee." --Miles Davis

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Obligatory Introduction

[I started this blog yesterday over at myspace, decided today I wasn't totally happy with their functionality, and decided to start over again at Blogger before I got too far in. So, here is my initial post, all over again.]

So (since every blog has to start with a slightly embarassed explanation, right?) I called this blog "startdrinkingcoffee", a play on one of my favorite quotes--which I unfortunately cannot find in whole on the internet at the moment, and will have to look for in my books, and which I probably have hopelessly wrong....

Anyway (if I'm remembering this right), Miles Davis was doing a "blindfold test" in Downbeat magazine, and they played him something by Cecil Taylor. Miles asked, is this what the critics like these days? If so, "them critics better stop drinking coffee."

Since I'll probably spend most of my time here writing about music and books and movies and all of that type of shit, I figured the title fit. Plus I kind of like Cecil Taylor. Plus I love coffee.

So. Hi there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home