Start Drinking Coffee

"Them critics better stop drinking coffee." --Miles Davis

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Nature Is Chaos, Murder and Whale Sharks Eating Shrimp from Your Shorts

All right, so I know this isn't exactly cutting-edge timely, but my pal Theo lent me his DVD of Jackass: The Movie. I hadn't seen much of the show before watching this (I've watched two half-hour sessions while riding my exercise bike so far--good workout video distraction, I have to say).



You know how the political spectrum is said to wrap around, so that the extreme far-left and the extreme far-right practically bump into each other? Jackass makes me think the same can be said of culture--this stuff is so lowbrow, it's practically highbrow. Johnny Knoxville and company's level of commitment is pretty amazing, and it puts me in mind of my comments on Werner Herzog, below.

But not even Werner Herzog has gotten himself shot in the abdomen, like Knoxville did in the movie.

Oh, wait, yes he has!

"Not a significant bullet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home