Start Drinking Coffee

"Them critics better stop drinking coffee." --Miles Davis

Friday, November 17, 2006

Another Friday, Another Random Ten

Talking Heads-Once in a Lifetime
Big Satan-Description du Tunnel
The Thing-Sounds Like a Sandwich
Lupe Fiasco-Hurt Me Soul
Shellac-The Admiral
Kanye West-Skit #3 (I'm not sure this counts, since it's not really a song)
Naked City-I Die Screaming
Naked City-Metal Tov
John Zorn-Protocols of Zion
Kidd Jordan-Last of the Chicken Wings
Naked City-Poisonhead (extra #11, since in the last four songs, I decided Skit #3 definitely doesn't count)

Damn, that's a lot of John Zorn (Naked City being, as you all must know, one of his bands). Love Zorn, and especially love Naked City, but I'm finding that Naked City shows up ALL THE TIME on my shuffle play, since their records tend to each have like 30 songs that are mostly like 30 seconds long. And since in the recent Naked City boxset, which I just got relatively cheap at Tower's going-out-of-business sale (so long, Tower, you used to be cool), all the music was remixed (remixed = the volume was cranked way up), and since a lot of Naked City's songs start with crazy shrieking by Japanese crazy-shrieker Yamataka Eye, I've been getting my eardrums blown out on a regular basis. Thanks for that, John Zorn.

Holy shit, I just noticed that in that last tune, "Poisonhead", the barely decipherable lyrics are from Public Enemy's "Caught, Can I Get a Witness?" Awesome!

1 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be happy to know that it's official -- the Plus Minus share the same label as Goblin Cock: http://www.absolutelykosher.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home