Start Drinking Coffee

"Them critics better stop drinking coffee." --Miles Davis

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Overheard in Chicago

I stopped off at Caffe De Luca on Damen this morning to have some breakfast. I didn't care for the place much, though the coffee was good. It's the kind of place where (at least when I was there) they have as many employees as customers, and it still takes forever to get anything. Also, it's one of those ultrayuppie places where everybody comes equipped with a stroller or a dog, or, most often, both. Not really my scene.

Anyway, the woman in front of me in the interminable line to order was talking to someone who was already seated, and he asked if she was working today.

She replied: "People love Jesus, and they love real estate. Easter weekend is big for me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home