Start Drinking Coffee

"Them critics better stop drinking coffee." --Miles Davis

Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday Random Ten

As far as I can tell, this is a popular posting tradition in this here "blogosphere": to pull up ten random tunes on the iPod and post them.

Well, I don't have an iPod. I have a Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra MP3 player. I guess that means I'm not one of the "cool kids". OR AM I?

Peter Brotzmann Chicago Tentet--Stone/Water
Charlie Parker--"Ooh Ooh, My My, Ooh Ooh", A Studio Chronicle
Tortoise--"Dear Grandma and Grandpa", Millions Now Living Will Never Die
Stan Getz--"On the Alamo", Complete Roost Recordings
Miles Davis--"Venus de Milo", Birth of the Cool
Louis Moholo/Larry Stabbins/Keith Tippett--"Tern (Second Part)", Tern
Dexter Gordon--"Second Balcony Jump", Go!
Dean Gray--"Boulevard of Broken Songs", American Edit
Miles Davis--"Pee Wee", Quintet 1965-68, The Complete Studio Recordings
Miles Davis--"Splashdown", The Complete In a Silent Way Sessions

That actually is probably a pretty accurate indicator of the percentage of my record collection that's comprised of Miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home